New Castle, DE – The New Castle County Department of Land Use is making every effort to process land development applications and building permits, conduct inspections, continue planning projects, legislation, task forces, and address property maintenance concerns in a timely fashion without sacrificing the health, safety, and well-being of our residents, customers, and employees. As the present health emergency has intensified throughout New Castle County and the surrounding areas over the past week, it is necessary to amend operational policies.
Effective Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 12 p.m. New Castle County Government Center will be closed to the public. Residents and customers will need to take advantage of convenient ways to conduct business with us by one of the following methods.
· Online: www.newcastlede.gov/186/Online-Services
· Phone: Permits/Inspections/Planning (302) 395-5400 and/or Code Enforcement (302) 395-5555
· Email: General questions may be emailed to LandUse@newcastlede.gov
· Code Enforcement concerns may be emailed to email@example.com
· Postal mail: All forms and fees may be postal mailed to the Department of Land Use, 87 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720
The public strongly encouraged to conduct business by one of the aforementioned methods. However, if a customer wishes to personally drop-off applications, fees or other paperwork, there will be a blue mailbox located inside of the vestibule of the Government Center. A staff member retrieves any submitted materials from that mailbox daily. Please understand as the health emergency continues to evolve, this drop-off option may be eliminated.
Thank you for your cooperation.
For more information, please visit the Department of Land Use website at www.newcastlede.gov/LU