County officials issued a reminder Tuesday, February 9 to alert residents to the approaching February 29 deadline to pay 2016 sewer service bills.
By law, balances owed as of March 1 are subject to a 6-percent penalty and 1-percent monthly penalty thereafter.
Residents may access their payment status and history using the “parcel view” link on the county website at www.nccde.org/parcelview.
The county offers a variety of convenient, cost-effective ways to ensure timely payment:
* Mail checks to New Castle County Sewer, P.O. Box 470, Claymont, DE 19703,
* Pay in person at the New Castle County Government Center, 87 Read’s Way near New Castle, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays,
* Deposit envelopes holding bills and checks or money orders in a 24-hour drop box at the Government Center’s main entrance,
* Use a Discover Card for payment by calling the county Department of Finance at (302) 323-2600, with fees varying by bill amount,
* Use the Paymentus service that accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and electronic checks with $5.25 service fees on transactions of $650 or less. Paymentus may be reached at (877) 225-7351 toll-free or by a link on the county site, www.nccde.org. Residents with questions about payment by Paymentus may call its customer center at (800) 420-1663.
For added convenience, county officials announced two special but limited payment times.
The payment window at the Government Center will remain open until 6 p.m. on Friday, February 26 and Monday, February 29, ONLY. Also, property owners may pay sewer service bills – ONLY from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 18 -- at the Appoquinimink Community Library at 651 N. Broad St., Middletown, with payments accepted by check, money order or PIN debit card.
Customers who did not get, lost or misplaced bills, or who need more information, should call (302) 323-2600, weekdays 8 a.m.-4 p.m.