The Engineering Division reviews proposed development plans to ensure that stormwater is managed according to code requirements, both during and following construction. The Engineers promote "best management practices" (BMPs) that manage stormwater for both water quality and quantity.
From the earliest stages of site design, storm water management must be a key consideration. By identifying those parts of the site best suited for dealing with stormwater in a natural way, conservation design elements can be applied. This is the first step to green site management and to intelligent sustainable development.
Other Agencies in the Process
New Castle County is a designated agency for regulating the Delaware Sediment and Stormwater Program. To view the regulations or information about the program, visit the DNREC Division of Soil and Water Conservation website.
The Water Resources Agency maintains the Water Resource Protection Area maps that depict layers representing four main categories of water resource protection areas in New Castle County, Delaware. To view the WRPA maps, visit the Water Resources Agency online.
View a list of archived consistency reports.
Revised Engineering checklists are available Read on...
NCC announces policies to address the transition to the 2019 Delaware Sediment and Stormwater Regulations Read on...
Revised Lines and Grades Guidance Memorandum now available Read on...
- Engineering Exploratory Checklist (PDF)
- Engineering Record Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Grading Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Residential Lines Grades Checklist (PDF)
- Retaining Wall Checklist (PDF)
- Sanitary Sewer Checklist (PDF)
- Sediment and Stormwater Checklist (PDF)
- Application for Standard Plan Approval - BMP Construction and Retrofit
- Application for Standard Plan Approval - Bridge and Culvert
- Application for Standard Plan Approval - Demolition
- Standard Plan Application for Approval - Residential Under 1 Acre (PDF)
- Standard Plan Application Residential 1-5 Acres (PDF)
- Standard Plan Application-Minor Linear Disturbance (PDF)
- Standard Plan Application for Approval - NonResidential < 1 acre (PDF)
- Standard Plan Application_SWM Facility Maintenance (PDF)
- Standard Plan Application_Demolition (PDF)
- Standard Plan Application_Sidewalk Trail Linear Impervious (PDF)