Jester Park is a 31-acre open space located off Grubb Road, just south of the Naaman’s Road intersection. New Castle County is currently exploring options for further development of this park.
Jester House: Under Construction
Park Pathway: Design and Planning
Recent Project Updates:
April 6, 2022: Friday, April 8, Reybold will be on site to remove the concrete apron to the old asphalt driveway. The expected schedule for the day is as follows:
- They will arrive at 7 AM to adjust the head of the fire hydrant. This work will take approx. 2 hours.
- Demo work will begin around 9 AM and should be done by 11 AM
- They will attempt to complete the work without closing any lanes of Grubb Road. Worst case scenario, one lane may be closed temporarily.
- From 11-1PM, they will bring in topsoil and seed the area.
- All work should be done by 2 PM.
December 21, 2021: A presentation was made to the Historic Review Board. That presentation can be found here Version OptionsJester ParkHeadline. A recording of the HRB meeting can be viewed here Version OptionsJester ParkHeadline.
Public Meeting Dates:
October 13, 2021, at 6:30 pm: Public meeting
In-Person: Gilliam Building
77 Reads Way
New Castle, DE 19720
Virtual: Zoom Webinar
For questions regarding the Jester Park project contact:
For questions regarding the Jester House Art Space: