New Castle County Scholarship
THE 2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PERIOD HAS CLOSED
New Castle County is committed to supporting students pursuing undergraduate college degrees with scholarships to help defray their educational costs. This program will award $50,000 in scholarships, in increments of $1,000 to $3,000. To be eligible you must be a New Castle County resident who is currently enrolled or who will attend an accredited College or University in the Fall of 2020. The deadline to submit an application is April 1, 2020.
1. Must reside in New Castle County (including within the City of Wilmington or other municipalities)
2. Must demonstrate financial need and provide supporting evidence by submitting one of the following:
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Pay stub
- Benefits Verification letter or statement
3. Candidates must be pursuing or currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary undergraduate degree program OR be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to attend an accredited post-secondary degree program starting in Fall 2020.
Family members (of the applicant) who are also enrolled in post-secondary degree programs are encouraged to apply. Submitting multiple applications from the same household is acceptable.
Click here to access the online form. Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants are required to describe financial need and upload a transcript and essay. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalists invited to interview will be required to provide documentation supporting financial need.
Essay topics: Choose ONE of the following (1000 words maximum):
- Share your Personal Statement.
- Pick an experience from your life and explain how it has influenced your personal development.
- Who is your biggest influence and why?
- How has your family background or adversity affected your outlook on the world?
- How has education contributed to who you are today?
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
Deadline: Online applications must be submitted by April 1, 2020 at 11:59pm.
A committee of local educators and community leaders will review applications. Finalists will be invited to interview via teleconference with the scholarship committee in May. Winners will be announced at an award ceremony in June.
For questions, contact Jessica Gibson at 302-395-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.