Hockessin Library



On November 14, 1934, the Hockessin Library, known at the time as the Lamborn Library, was born with funds from the Levis H. Lamborn (d.1896) Trust. The Hockessin Community Club started the library and gaining popularity requested a bookmobile from New Castle County Libraries in 1961, birthed the Friends of the Hockessin Library in 1975, formed the Hockessin Public Library Incorporated in 1977, and opened a children’s collection in 1980. The current building was built in 1994 and renovated in 2008, on the farm once owned by John G. Jackson prior to 1868, where lives are enriched and resources are offered to everyone who enters.